Trying to Get Pregnant?
April 14, 2017
Conceiving Naturally – Why Nature Works Best
At ReproMed, we believe the best way to start your family is the natural way. We always encourage couples to try to get pregnant themselves before they approach us. If you aren’t having any success, our fertility consultations will put you on the right track. And if conceiving naturally isn’t an option for you, we have a comprehensive range of fertility treatment options for you to explore.
When Should You Seek Advice?
- If you’re a woman older than 35, we would advise you to seek a consultation after six months of unprotected vaginal intercourse.
- If you’re a woman younger than 35, we would advise you to wait until 12 months after you’ve begun unprotected intercourse for an assessment.
- If you’ve had a miscarriage, for a review of your case.
Overcoming Barriers to Fertility
A lot of fertility issues are caused by a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and lack of exercise. The good news about that is that the power to resolve your fertility issues is within your grasp. Simple changes to diet and lifestyle, like cutting down on sugary food and drinks and exercising for 30 minutes a day, will put you in peak condition for starting a family. We can put you in touch with holistic therapists and nutritionists who can help you get in peak condition for conceiving.
How to conceive naturally
Want to get pregnant fast? Use our Ovulation Calculator to boost your chances of conceiving without the need for fertility treatment. Things to keep in mind:
- If you’re on a 28-day cycle, you’ll ovulate on Day 14 and if you’re on a 30-day cycle, you’ll ovulate around day 16.
- Sperm live for 2-3 days, but eggs are viable for just 12-24 hours after ovulation.
- The best times to have intercourse are on the day of ovulation, perhaps late during the day before ovulation and the day after.
- We will offer you an ultrasound scan which will tell you when you ovulate and will help you time your intercourse to achieve the best possible results.
Starting a Family with assisted fertility treatment
If natural conception fails, you can still start a family with our comprehensive range of assisted fertility options.
- IUI with donor sperm
- IVF with donor eggs and donor sperm
- AZH – helps the embryo to hatch and implant successfully in your womb
- Induction of ovulation
- Ovarian stimulation
- IVF with blastocyst (implanting embryo) transfer
Savings for Vhi members
Vhi members can save €40 when attending ReproMed for their initial consultation.
ReproMed is currently the only clinic in Ireland that is partnered with Vhi to offer Ireland’s first dedicated Fertility Benefit Package. An initial consultation with ReproMed costs just €150 for Vhi members, as opposed to the regular price of €250.
It’s part of a full benefits package that can save Vhi members up to €3,230 on their fertility consultations, tests, and treatments.
You must book an Initial Consultation with us prior to accessing any of the tests or treatments. Please make staff aware that you are a Vhi member at the time of booking your Initial Consultation and we will check your policy number to ensure you and your partner are fully covered.
This benefit came into effect on August 1st, 2016. Any services provided before this date are not eligible for discounts. Please see your table of benefits or contact Vhi directly for a full list of terms & conditions.
Are you trying to get pregnant? Contact us today for expert advice and treatment options.« Return to Blog